Immersio Larp Studio is committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all.
Code of Conduct
The following behaviours are requested and expected of all participants:
- Exercise consideration and respect in your speech and actions.
- Show patience and try to understand those you do not agree with. Attempt collaboration before conflict.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behaviour and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert organisers if you notice a dangerous situation, someone in distress, or violations of these policies, even if they seem inconsequential.
- Remember that event venues may be shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
Immersio is dedicated to providing harassment-free experiences for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form. Participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from events without a refund at the discretion of the organisers. Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, or religion.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Where Immersio events take place in a licensed venue participants may consume alcohol in compliance with the regulations of the venue (designated locations, times, etc). Participants are expect to monitor their own consumption. For the safety of themselves and others, intoxicated participants may be temporarily excluded from events, sanctioned, or expelled without a refund.
We expect all organisers and participants to abide by the Code of Conduct and Anti-harassment Policy at all Immersio events, in all community venues–online and in-person–as well as in all one-on-one communications pertaining to Immersio.
The Code of Conduct, Anti-harassment Policy, and their related procedures also apply to unacceptable behavior occurring outside the scope of Immersio activities when such behaviour has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of participants.
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the event with no refund. In online forums or social media this includes deleting offending posts or banning of the offender.
Organisers may take action to redress anything designed to, or with the clear impact of, disrupting the event or making the environment hostile for any participants.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it as soon as possible. Harassment and other code of conduct violations reduce the value of our event for everyone. We want you to be happy at our event. People like you make our event a better place. To make a report at the event go to the organiser area and talk to an organiser.
To make report outside of the event email email@example.com
When taking a report, organisers will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other organisers to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our team will be happy to help you contact venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
A PDF of this Code of Conduct can be downloaded here:
If you have a concern you’d like to discuss you can email us at:
We will read your email sensitively and in-confidence and we will respond as quickly as we can.